Evening news wrap: US state secretary Marco Rubio holds talks with PM Modi; Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases & more | India News

0
1


Evening news wrap: US state secretary Marco Rubio holds talks with PM Modi; Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases & more
  • US secretary of state Marco Rubio met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi as India and the United States pushed to deepen cooperation on defence, trade and the Indo-Pacific.
  • Police secured a seven-day remand for Samarth Singh in the Twisha Sharma death case as investigators intensified their probe into allegations of dowry harassment and mental torture.
  • Uganda confirmed three new Ebola cases, raising concerns over the spread of the rare Bundibugyo strain amid warnings from the World Health Organization.
  • Security forces launched a joint operation in Jammu and Kashmir’s Rajouri after contact was established with suspected terrorists in the Gambhir Muglan area.
  • Founder Abhijeet Dipke claimed the Cockroach Janta Party website was taken down, escalating an online controversy tied to youth discontent and the NEET-UG row.

Here are the top 5 news stories of the day

Rubio-Modi talks focus on Indo-Pacific, trade and defence ties

US secretary of state Marco Rubio held talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Saturday as the two countries sought to strengthen strategic cooperation across defence, trade, technology and regional security. Rubio’s visit, which also includes meetings with Quad ministers, comes amid growing India-US engagement in the Indo-Pacific and expanding discussions on energy and critical technologies. Read full story

Samarth Singh sent to seven-day police remand in Twisha Sharma death case

Police on Saturday secured a seven-day remand for Samarth Singh, the prime accused in the death case of his wife, Twisha Sharma, after producing him before a court in Bhopal following his arrest in Jabalpur. Investigators said the accused was not cooperating with the probe, while authorities also warned of action against anyone found sheltering him during the period he was absconding. Read full story

Uganda confirms three new Ebola cases as outbreak concerns grow

Uganda has confirmed three new Ebola infections, taking the total number of cases in the current outbreak to five, as authorities intensified efforts to trace contacts and contain the spread of the Bundibugyo strain. The World Health Organization has warned that the outbreak poses a high regional risk, particularly due to the absence of a vaccine for the strain and continued cross-border movement involving the Democratic Republic of Congo. Read full story

Joint anti-terror operation underway in Rajouri after contact with suspects

The Army said contact had been established with suspected terrorists in the Gambhir Muglan area of Rajouri during a joint operation involving the Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police and the CRPF. Security forces launched a cordon-and-search operation following intelligence inputs, while additional reinforcements were deployed as the encounter continued. Read full story

Cockroach Janta Party founder claims website taken down amid online row

Abhijeet Dipke on Saturday claimed that the Cockroach Janta Party’s website had been taken down, accusing the BJP-led Centre of “dictatorial behaviour”. The meme-driven online movement, which has gained traction among younger users amid outrage over the alleged NEET-UG paper leak, has positioned itself as a platform for satire, criticism and digital activism. Read full story



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here